||Images with stereo shadows, such as this one, can
be prepared by the Andromeda
Shadow Filter, which I am primarily reponsible for.
Anaglyph stereo has some advantages and some disadvantages compared
to Interlaced stereo.
- Viewing glasses are inexpensive and easy to find.
Flimsy cardboard glasses are frequently given away free, but real
glasses with real lenses are much better.
- Color quality is moderately to severly affected. The only
completely satisfactory anaglyph stereo images start with black and
Tips for Preparing Anaglyph Images for web viewing.
(using Adobe Photoshop)
- Load left and right images. Using the channels menu, select the
red channel of the left image. Copy.
- Using the channels menu, select the red channel of the right
- Using the channels menu, select the pasted red channel as
modifiable, but all three channels as visible.
- Using the move tool, align the red channel with the green-blue of
some part of the image.
- Convert to indexed color/GIF or JPEG and save.
click to enlarge
The Grand Canyon
from the river, on a moving raft. One camera
(with motor drive) click-pause-click
(stay tuned, more to come)
comments/suggestions to: email@example.com
My photo page