Using This Guide:
This listing of FAQ's has all of the most common questions we are asked about our plug–ins.
If you cannot resolve your problem using the information provided below, fill out our Tech Support form and we will email you back.
- Are your plug-ins compatible with Photoshop CS 4/5? or How do I install my CS3 versions into CS4/5?
- I get a message that my "Serial number was rejected by our server"
- When I installed my Andromeda Plug–ins, they don't show up in my Photoshop Filter Menu.
- I have an older version of one of your plug-ins. How can I get the most recent version?
- When I open my 16–bit image, your plug–ins are grayed out and I cannot use them.
- I ordered an upgrade from your website but have only received a confirmation email. When will I get my upgrade?
Adobe Photoshop CS4 Questions/ Compatibility
Back to top
Are your plug-ins compatible with Photoshop CS 4/5?
We will be releasing official CS5 versions of these products this year. In the meantime, you can use your CS3 versions in CS4/5 by manually installing the plug-ins there (see “How do I install my CS3 versions into CS4” below).
If you are running Windows XP, all of our plug-ins will work in CS3, CS4, and CS5. (see “How do I install my CS3 versions into CS4/5” below)
How do I install my CS3 versions into CS4/5?
To use our CS3 versions in CS5 on Mac, follow the instructions above but before launching PhotoShop, go to Applications:Adobe Photoshop CS5:Adobe Photoshop CS5 and CTRL+Click on the application icon and select “Get info”. Then check the box that says “32 bit mode”. You will then see your Andromeda plug-ins in the PhotoShop Filters menu.
Back to top
I installed an Andromeda demo and after using it I've tried to render but the OK button is disabled.
If you wish to remove the demo, simply locate the demo file in the Photoshop plug-ins folder and delete that file.
I can't get my demo to extract correctly.
Online Purchase and Product Downloads
I tried to place an order through your online store, but I received an error message.
If you are using Firefox or Internet Explorer, then make sure the information entered on the order form matches the information connected to the credit card. Any discrepancy will cause the system to reject your order.
If you continue to have problems then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
I purchased a product at your website and after download the file won't open.
I have purchased a downloadable plug–in online from your website, and have a problem with my order or the file that was downloaded.
Back to top
I downloaded a software update/reinstalled Photoshop/got a new computer and when I try to activate my Andromeda product it says ‘Serial number was rejected by our server."
I lost my serial number for my Andromeda product. How can I recover it?
If you registered your product, we have a record of your registration number. If you have not registered, then we need a proof of purchase so that we can re–issue you a new number. If your serial number starts with an A or U than your product was automatically registered when you activated it.
I've lost my registration number. What do I do?
I have entered my name and registration number, but the plug–in still won't open, and each time I reopen it, I am asked to enter the information again.
Enter your information one more time and rather than using the ENTER or RETURN key on the keyboard, use the mouse to click on the OK button. Your plug–in should initialize and open for use. Also, make sure there is not an extra space after the serial number.
Back to top
When I installed my Andromeda Plug–ins, they don't show up in my Photoshop Filter Menu.
- Re–install the plug–ins and during installation when the message "Found Photoshop on your system, install there?" appears, click on the NO button. A navigation window will appear that will allow you to manually create the path to the correct Plug–ins folder. Refer to number 6.
- The plug–in was installed into a different folder other than the correct Plug–ins folder.
- The plug–in was installed into another version of the host application and so is not in the correct Plug–ins folder.
- The host program preferences are not pointing to the location where the plug–in is installed. Refer to your host's User Manual to determine how to check your host's preferences.
- The plug–in created it's own Plugins Folder during installation, so now you have both Plugins and Plug–ins. Solution, choose the plug–ins folder that is correct for the host application version you are using. Refer to number 6.
The usual install path for Photoshop can be different with new versions. Notice the spelling of the "plug–ins" folder
appropriate for each version. Check your host application manual for Third Party plug–in installation.
PS 4.0 ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plugins
PS 5.0 ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plug–ins
PS 5.5 ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plug–ins\Adobe Photoshop Only
PS 6 ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plug–ins
PS 7 ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plug–ins
PS CS ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plug–ins
PS CS 2/3/4 ...Adobe\Photoshop\Plug–ins
Corel Photopaint 8 ...Corel\Photopaint8\PLUGINS
I own an older version of your plug–ins that is on a floppy disk and I don't have a floppy disk drive.
I'm unable to install my Andromeda product. Although I have more than sufficient disk space, I get an insufficient disk space error message with a large negative number in the message.
Back to top
Are upgrades downloadable?
I ordered an upgrade from your website but have only received a confirmation e-mail. When will I get my upgrade?
Back to top
I have an older version of one of your plug-ins. How can I get the most recent version?
When I open my 16–bit image, your plug–ins are greyed out and I cannot use them.
My hard drive crashed and I've lost Andromeda product. I do not have another copy anywhere; how can I get another copy?